Friday 4 March 2016

Feature & Follow #8

Feature & Follow is back with a new look! This time, rather than a question, we've got a more open ended prompt. More of a struggle if you're not feeling creative, but luckily you get a pretty good prompt to get you thinking!

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. I've just started getting involved in these features and they're great fun! It's a really cool way to find out what people are reading and connect with other bloggers. Added bonus, the aim of a blog hop is to follow others. You follow me, I follow you. Wins all round! I'm happy for followers on GFC, Twitter, Bloglovin', Goodreads, whatever works for you. I guess I'd prefer Bloglovin' follows if I had to pick one. Make sure you leave me a comment so I know you're a new followers, I'm kind of scatty with keeping track of new followers on Bloglovin' and the like!

The post prompt:
Write a letter to your favourite author


My answer:
Dear Laini Taylor,


I read a lot. The kind of amount that makes visitors double take when they see my overflowing bookshelves. Most books I like, some I love, and a few I hate. And then there are those books that I feel truly privileged to have discovered. The kind of stories that read like a waking dream and make me remember why I feel in love with reading in the first place. Yours are those books.

The Daughter Of Smoke And Bone trilogy were the books that inspired me to start my blog. I had so much love for this incredible story and this unbelievable world populated with wonderful characters that I wanted to share it with everyone and anyone who would listen. Your stories took magic and angels and demons and made them real, if only for a little while. From there I discovered the book blogging community and the rest is history. My friends and family roll their eyes at my bookworm ways and sigh when I emerge from bookshops with heaving shopping bags, so I've been content for years to read quietly and maybe leave the odd review on Amazon. So to find a place to (virtually) meet and swap ravings and rants with people who love reading just as much as I do has opened my eyes to a world I never knew existed. Without your books, I'd never have thought to reach out to bloggers, never had the courage to press "publish" on my first (terrible) post and never have discovered some breathtaking novels that have made me laugh, cry and occasionally want to throw them out the window. Sure, the sensible part of my brain the balances my income isn't thanking you, but my heart is!

Truly, your books are some of the inspirational, beautiful stories I have ever been lucky enough to read. But more than that, they've changed my life for the better.

Your crazy fangirl,
Mikayla


PS. Can't I please get an ARC of Strange The Dreamer?

17 comments:

  1. OOoh nice letter!!! I love it! I never read her books but I've heard good things!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to read them Jessica, they're absolutely incredible! I think you'd really enjoy them!

      Delete
  2. Oh my I love this series and I can't wait for the upcoming movie! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm usually wary of book to movie adaptions, especially for books I really love, but I'm so excited for this one. It's such a brilliant series whoever's making it would have to seriously screw it up to make it anything less than awesome.

      Delete
  3. This is a really sweet letter. You should totally send it to Laini Taylor. :)

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a letter would be the only way I'd get my point across, I'd be a babbling fangirl mess if I met her in real life!

      Delete
  4. This is an awesome and meaningful letter! I love Laini Taylor's books, too :) Thanks for stopping by! Old Bloglovin' follower! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I started typing and just kind of got a bit swept up in my raving!

      Delete
  5. That is SUCH a nice letter! EEK! I haven't read the trilogy (broke bookworm problems) but I definitely will! Followed you via Twitter and bloglovin!

    Aditi @ http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Too many books, too little money and time to read them all!

      Delete
  6. Lovely! Thanks for following, and I'm now following you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness! This is an extremely well written letter. I haven't read this series yet, but I've been meaning to!

    I hope you get your ARC lol :)

    Thanks for stopping by my FF. Followed back via GFC!
    -Kayl @ Kayl's Krazy Obsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kayl! I just started typing and got a bit carried away. The DOSAB series is absolutely brilliant, so worth the read! I'd love to get an ARC of Strange, but I think I'll be one of many clamouring for it so I'll just have to try and be patient I guess.

      Delete
  8. Ohh great letter I absolutely love your letter I haven't read a Laini Taylor books yet, but I heard nothing but great raving reviews about her books. And her books looks and sounds utterly amazing and fantastic. I really need too remedy too read Laini Taylor books hopefully I can read her books soonish! lol Thank you for stopping by and following my blog. Old Follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll hear nothing but good things on my blog too, I rave aobut her at every given opportunity!

      Delete
  9. Mikayla, that was a fantastic letter. I hope you get a chance to meet her in real life and tell her how much you appreciate her books. I have not read any books by Laini Taylor yet, but I'll have to check them out now based on your letter. Thank you for stopping by and following me on my blog this Friday. I will also follow you back too. Cheers! :-)

    ReplyDelete