Tuesday 16 February 2016

Top Ten Tuesday














(As always, a big thanks your to the fab bloggers over at The Broke and The Bookish for this weekly meme!)

This week on Top Ten Tuesday the topic is songs I wish were books. I love music as much as I love reading, so the only problem I had was narrowing it down to ten! I'm usually playing a movie in my head when I listen to a really good song, but these are the ones I'd love to read the story of.

The Killers - Mr Brightside
One of my favourite songs of all time, I'd love to read the story of Mr Brightside!



The Killers - Miss Atomic Bomb
Described as the companion song to the above, this book wouldn't be uplifting, but the video tells the story of love, loss, regret and heartbreak. Poor Mr Brightside!



Nerina Pallot - Sophia
Romance, pure and simple. Romeo and Juliet, but without the tragic ending. Nerina Pallot is one of my favourite singer/songwriters and this is a gorgeous song.



Nero - Into The Past
I'm obssessed with this song at the moment! It's hauntingly, chillingly beautiful. I see this as a fantasy-romance story, probably one that doesn't have a happy ending!



Sia - Fire Meet Gasoline
Another fantasy book, a real "me and you against the world"sort of story! Forget a love triangle, this one is all about the central pairing!



Kodaline - High Hopes
This video tells the story, but I'd love to read the book version! Spoiler alert; depressed Liam Cunningham goes to commit suicide when he meets a runaway bride. Helping her flee the man she's left at the altar, he takes her home and they fall in love. Happily ever after right? Well, no. The ex turns up and shoots them both.



Years and Years - King
This song just screams redemption and freedom, and the story of saving yourself from a poisonous place/person/situation that's holding you back. YA contemporary maybe?



Fall Out Boy - Young Volcanoes
Another of my favourites! I kind of see this as a best friends adventure/road trip story like Thelma and Louise.



Paloma Faith - New York
"Her name was New York, and she took his heart away from mine." It's just occurred to me that a lot of songs on my list fall into the category of tragic romance!



Death Cab For Cutie - You Are A Tourist
I think everyone feels like a stranger in their home town every now and then, so this book would be an Eat, Pray, Love sort of thing, a story all about alienation and adventure.



6 comments:

  1. Great list, Mikayla! Mr Brightside's such a great song, isn't it? And I would totally read a book version of Young Volcanoes - such a brilliant song. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so much! The Miss Atomic Bomb video is brilliant too, but the song isn't quite as good. I went and saw Fall Out Boy in Cardiff a few months back and they did an acoustic version of Young Volcanoes, highlight of the night!

      Delete
  2. OOh nice songs!! A few are familiar but some are new to me! Great picks!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! They were just the ones on my mind on the day, bit of a mix.

      Delete
  3. I knew when I clicked on this post that I'd have 10 more songs to listen to and I was right ahah. I love me some tragic romance so these would be amazing as books :D
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually it's more books to read, so at least this week our tbrs won't get any bigger, only our playlists!

      Delete