Wednesday 6 January 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #4 - Strange The Dreamer


Waiting on Wednesday ... where I increase my books to be read list despite my tbr pile already being tall enough to be a serious health and safety hazard. But still we do it, because there are too many books and not enough time! As always, thanks to Jill over at Breaking the Spine for this weekly meme.

My pick this week doesn't come out until September, and the wait is going to be torturous. I adore Laini Taylor. Her Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy are among my ultimate favourite reads, so haunting, beautifully written, awe-inspiringly imaginative and heartbreaking that I was in bits reading them. There are fantasy books, and then there are Laini Taylor books, and they're a whole other level. Seriously, if you haven't read this series yet, do it. I cannot recommend it highly enough! I'm already desperate to read her next book; Strange The Dreamer.

 
Strange the Dreamer is the story of:
the aftermath of a war between gods and men
a mysterious city stripped of its name
a mythic hero with blood on his hands
a young librarian with a singular dream
a girl every bit as perilous as she is imperiled
alchemy and blood candy, nightmares and godspawn, moths and monsters, friendship and treachery, love and carnage.
Welcome to Weep.


Or as Laini Taylor herself puts it:
There was a war between gods and me, and men won. The few surviving children of the gods have grown up in hiding, dreading the day they know must come: when humans find them, and end them.
That day is at hand.


As if it couldn't get any better, it's a duology, with the similarly awesomely-titled; The Muse of Nightmares. Although I shudder to think how long I have to wait for that one!

4 comments:

  1. Nice! Never read this author but always hear good things!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly Jessica, I can't recommend Laini Taylor enough! Her books are absolutely brilliant.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I can't believe we have to wait until September, and that's just for part one!

      Delete